- Double chin is the condition of extra fat hanging below the chin
- It can either be genetic or due to over weight
- Healthy diet and exercise can reduce double chin
Double chin in people is an annoying factor when it comes to looks. Be it selfies or portraits, double chin spoils the game.
It is the extra fat hanging below the chin which is quite visible. The reason for double chin can be due to overweight, but it is even seen in some lean people. Genetics are also a factor for this condition, say health experts.
Healthy Eating Can Avoid Double Chin
- Make green leafy vegetables a part of your daily diet
- Include a lot of fruits too
- Use whole grains instead of refined grains
- Avoid consuming processed foods
- Intake of lean protein and healthy fats should be a must
- Low-fat dairy products must be consumed
- Cut down on the sugar intake
Getting rid of double chin depends on the body. In some cases, this condition is genetic while in others it may be due to overweight. The treatment for double chin prescribed by the doctor is liposuction and mesotherapy. But these include side effects too such as swelling, painting, redness, numbness, etc.
Simple Ways to Get a Sharp Looking Jaw Line
- Chew a sugar-free gum to keep your jaw working and tone the facial muscles.
- Massage cocoa butter on the double chin to improve the elasticity of the skin.
- Massage a mixture of egg white and honey. It gives the skin tightening effect.
- Applying glycerin over the area also helps in getting rid of double chin.
- Lastly, a few chin exercises also assist in shaping the double chin.
To see the fruitful results, the exercises must be done regularly. It tones the chin, jaw line as well as neck area. With this follow a healthy and balanced diet.
- Touch the nose with your tongue
- ‘Kiss the giraffe.’
It’s like pouting. Stand straight and look up to kiss the imaginary giraffe. Hold the position for 5 to 8 seconds and release. Repeat five times.
Place both the fists directly under the chin. Move the lower jaw down on the fists, and strain the muscles, increase the force gradually. At maximum resistance, hold the position for 5 seconds. Relax and repeat five times.
Smile as much as you can by stretching the corners of the lips as far as possible. Hold the position for five seconds and repeat it five times.
- In and out
Push your chin forward and backward. Repeat this ten times. Hold each position for 10-15 seconds.