- Sex is often referred to as an act that is closely associated with love
- Your sexual relationship may not conform to the norms of a society
- Sex is a personal choice and should be considered only when both the parties agree to do so
- Most often people engaging in pre-marital relationships hail from families that do not provide them with the support and love they yearn for
There is an old saying that goes – all is fair in love and war. While you are likely to feel elated about being with ‘the one’ every day, there are many choices that ought to be made before tying the knot.
Engaging in a sexual relationship is one such decision.
An expression of love
Sex is often referred to as an act that is closely associated with love. Apart from the many hormonal changes in the body, sex defines the levels of the intimacy that one is willing to experience with his or her partner.
So, is sex bad? No. It is not. As a film critique rightfully stated, sex is the reason why mankind has come into existence. Now, it is at this juncture that one ought to consider thinking about the relationship and its future.
Worries are for teenagers not adults
Let us not be too hopeful about the ‘adult’ world. The risks involved in premarital sexual relationships are likely to affect teenagers as well as grown-ups to a large extent.
Wondering what the reasons could be?
Food for thought
There is nothing taboo about sexual relationships as long as both the parties are willing to face the consequences. In a study published in the Iranian Journal of Nursing and Midwifery Research, it was seen that most often people engaging in pre-marital relationships hail from families that do not provide them with the support and love they yearn for. Then again, some choose to engage in sexual relationships for the sheer fun of ‘doing it.’ A few others consider it to be necessary for a relationship to progress.
Here are a few facts that one should keep in mind:
- Sex is as natural as breathing. However, the purpose behind the act, as stated by the ancient scriptures and other medical texts is the perpetuation of a species.
- A person who has had premarital sex cannot be termed ‘ill-mannered’ or bad. After all, he or she has hormones too.
- Sex is a personal choice and should be considered only when both the parties agree to do so. It should never be forced upon.
- It isn’t wise to base a relationship on sex. After all, the passion or the chemistry would die out someday. What would you do then?
Now, it is up to you to make the right choice. Unlike other choices, this requires you to think with your heart and brain. Don’t get carried away by movies or television soap operas depict. Remember love makes one feel good. But when you are good, you are always loved, no matter what.