- Buttermilk helps cool the body
- Lime juice is instrumental in keeping many digestion problems at bay
- Aam panna has several rejuvenating properties
- Modern research has said that coconut water can help cure different types of cancer
No matter how much water you consume, your body does feel rather warm and weak during the summer. You are also bound to feel dehydrated – due to the excessive sweating or even due to the lack sufficient fluids.
Are you wondering what you could consume that could rejuvenate your exhausted body this summer?
Take a look at these healthy yet effective coolants that could keep you in the best of spirits through the season:
This is by far the easiest yet most effective drink for the summers.
Buttermilk is an essential dish served in many households in southern India.
Ayurvedic texts have stated that:
- Buttermilk helps stimulate the ‘digestive fire’ and eliminates toxic substances in the body.
- It also helps control diarrhea, anemia, and hemorrhoids.
- Buttermilk is also effective in curing anorexia, intermittent fevers, vomiting and excessive salivation.
- Buttermilk helps reduce excessive fat in the body.
2. Lemon Juice
Squeeze a lemon and mix it with a satisfactory amount of water. Add a tinge of salt and an apt quantity of sugar.
Ayurvedic physicians state that:
- Lemon juice helps in cleansing the oral cavity.
- Lemon juice is a good remedy for bad breath
- This juice helps to improve a person’s ability to digest food
- It is most effective to quench one’s thirst
- It is instrumental is providing a sense of relief to a person suffering from abdominal and colic pain.
- It helps relieve one of nausea and excessive salivation
3. Aam Panna
This is a rather popular drink in several parts of Northern India. It is made from the pulp of raw mangoes.
Add a sufficient amount of water to the raw mango pulp and beat it well. Add a tinge of salt to the drink and serve cold.
It is said that:
- Aam panna keeps one rejuvenated in the summers
- This drink can help quench one’s thirst
- It is a good digestive drink
- Raw mango juice keeps the body cool
- It is said to help prevent sunstrokes and dehydration
4. Coconut Water
Believe it or not, coconut water has several health benefits. This can be consumed in its true form or could add to a drink or a dish. Tender coconut water is a delicacy in coastal India.
Modern research has stated that coconut water has numerous health benefits that many are unaware of. These include the following:
- It keeps one energetic
- Coconut water helps improve insulin secretion
- It reduces health risks associated with diabetes
- It helps in curing all symptoms associated with gallbladder diseases
- Coconut water helps in improving digestion and bowel functioning
- It also helps protect a person from breast and colon cancer
So, what are you waiting for? Drink to good health!